Sunday, April 3, 2011

When is the best time of day to Exercise?

I am asked this question a lot. I believe the best time to exercise depends on the person. If you are not a morning person, an early morning exercise plan may not be a good idea. You would most likely be groggy, irritable, prone to injury, and less likely to be consistent. You decide what will work best for you, and make it a regular part of your daily routine. As a young mother my favorite time of the day to exercise was in the early morning while the family slept. Mornings came with fewer conflicts, and I was more consistent. Now as an older mother my favorite time to exercise is in the late evening after the little ones are in bed. I like my new exercise routine for two reasons #1 I get to sleep in, and the older I get the more I enjoy that. #2 I get to workout with Kirt my husband, who has never, and will never be, a morning exerciser. We motivate each other, which makes us more consistent. Having a workout partner is key to consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment