Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Enough with the Muffins!

My family loves muffins, but when we changed the way we eat 13 months ago the easy boxed muffin had to go. Since then I have been playing with muffin recipes, in fact yesterday when I offered my daughter's study group a healthy after school muffin, she said, in not such a nice voice, "enough with the muffins!" So while I move on to experiment with other healthy snack options I will post my recipes for healthy muffins in case anyone out there is interested in another healthy meal or snack idea. These muffins work well for my family because I can keep the mix on hand, and add the wet ingredients quickly in the morning, depending on what I have on hand, and what my mood may be. I usually have extras for after school snacking, and often store some in the freezer for busy days. These muffins are made with whole grains, high in fiber, and nutrition. I use egg whites and fat free yogurt adding lean protein. The amount and type of sweetener can be adjusted for your own likes and needs. Apple sauce, pumpkin, zucchini, banana, blueberries, nuts, choc chips, the options are many, play with them, maybe your family will say "enough with the muffins" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment